The Occasional Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Occasional Gamers

A forum for a group of friends to discuss ongoing irregular games and such

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News update on Beta and Headstart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason

Jason

News update on Beta and Headstart Empty
PostSubject: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:17 pm

Right the open beta starts next saturday. You can download the client from www.war-europe.com, just sign in and look underdownload.

The head start begins for CE on Sunday the 14th. (Head start means these characters are for keeps unlike the Open Beta characters that will be deleted at the end of open beta.

The game becomes live for everyone from the 18th

You can continue playing your headstart until the 22nd at which point the account will lock and require you to enter the collectors edition code (from a purchased box set). This I should have on the 18th as I am going to sit outside HMV in colchester at 8.30 waiting for the doors to open so that I get our CE sets straight away. As soon as I get it I will head home and email you the code.

Then I can pass on the box set and its goodies the following week to you.

I will be on next week as soon as the children allow me :-) plus my new machine is meant to arrive next sat so all is good. As soon as I know server details which will be available this week I will let you know.

THe code you currently have will need to be input into the new account site which is due to go live next week. As soon as it does I will drop you an email to let you know.

Cheers

Jason
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:19 pm

Open Beta will start mid afternoon on sunday. The account management page is not yet up but I will update you as soon as it is.

See you on Saturday night I hope for COH
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm

will try to be there... for both things Smile
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: still can't register   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 am

pages must be taking a caning ... 2nd cinematic trailer is the dog's bollocks though...
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:25 am

Currently the whole registration process is FUBAR, I think I may as well as wait now til the evening as nothing is working.. oh well maybe beta tomorrow night!!
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:41 am

Don't hold your breath. Seriously, this is awful.
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 am

woohee, now it will be fixed by 4pm today .... frigging muppets.

so, what would be involved in playing in the US instead? Smile
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:34 am

They have a new registration page !!!!

that also doesn't work

these people are frigging clowns.
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Got an email!!!

only took 3 hours!!!!

"Your application failed because [url=http://www.war-europe.com/?error=3x03 ]of this reason[/url]

what a fucking joke.
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Its a crock of shit.. thats what it is, another envening of no beta and I am out tomorrow. Least you are sort of semi there.

I have entered the code and it says validated I guess I will now have to wait forever to get a mail just like the other poor sods. What a cock up.

No colllectors left in the states but you could order a normal edition from some of the importers. I will stay EU thou I think as I want the collectors crap, I have to beleive that it can only get better. If this was head start or Live.. well
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm now updating the client - haven't actually got the mail yet but tried to revalidate ~7pm tonight and just tried to login in now... might be worth trying to just log in if you already downloaded the client?
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm

Nope crock of crap..
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:04 pm

But grats anyways....!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm

it IS very pretty...

very little set up - you're dropped straight into a war zone

I think I need to read up because some of it just doesn't mean anything to me...

couple of things..

- you can only be one side on each server - so we need to pick which server is which side or we can't team

- each race has a distinct starting area, so we may need to pick the same race if we want to go from lvl 1 all the way up...

it is very "MMO" ish in a way that CoX is not - reminds me of LOTRO but more fun and less hand holding...
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Oh well no joy here.

Glad to here it looks good thou and I hope that you are having fun!!!

I intend to play destruction, which server am not sure yet will wait until headstart (if its working by then) to decide. Fed up with GOA I cant beleive there incompetance, it beggers beleife. Reading the boards seeing the anger.

Ho hum, anyways I am out tomorrow night roleplaying, instead of looking at boards so I wont be on now till Wednesday (even if that works).

Will give you a call wdnesday night too see how it is going.

TIll then have fun!!
Back to top Go down
LightPetting

LightPetting

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 pm

Well, couldn't play last night until a patch came through ...

then this morning got an email telling me my beta key was already in use, so registration has failed.

so I now have two failure messages and have been playing for the last two days.

US setup took all of five minutes.

I'd rather take the £70 as a sunk cost at this point tbh.

GOA really do not give me the warm fuzzies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News update on Beta and Headstart   News update on Beta and Headstart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News update on Beta and Headstart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Occasional Gamers :: Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning :: General Chat-
Jump to: